Release 3.3.5 available
This is a release of Apache Hadoop 3.3 line.
Key changes include
- A big update of dependencies to try and keep those reports of
transitive CVEs under control -both genuine and false positives.
- Critical fix to ABFS input stream prefetching for correct reading.
- Vectored IO API for all FSDataInputStream implementations, with
high-performance versions for file:// and s3a:// filesystems.
file:// through java native IO
s3a:// parallel GET requests.
- Arm64 binaries. Note, because the arm64 release was on a different
platform, the jar files may not match those of the x86
release -and therefore the maven artifacts.
- Security fixes in Hadoop’s own code.
Users of Apache Hadoop 3.3.4 and earlier should upgrade to
All users are encouraged to read the overview of major changes
since release 3.3.4.
For details of bug fixes, improvements, and other enhancements since
the previous 3.3.4 release, please check release notes
Azure ABFS: Critical Stream Prefetch Fix
The ABFS connector has a critical bug fix
ABFS. Disable purging list of in-progress reads in abfs stream close().
All users of the abfs connector in hadoop releases 3.3.2+ MUST either upgrade
to this release or disable prefetching by setting
2023 Mar 22