Release 0.4.0-alpha available
Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.4.0-alpha is released with following features:
- Hadoop Delegation Tokens and Block Tokens supported for Ozone.
- Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) Support - Allows data blocks to be encrypted-at-rest.
- Kerberos support for Ozone.
- Certificate Infrastructure for Ozone - Tokens use PKI instead of shared secrets.
- Datanode to Datanode communication secured via mutual TLS.
- Ability secure ozone cluster that works with Yarn, Hive, and Spark.
- Helm/Skaffold support to deploy Ozone clusters on K8s.
- Support S3 Authentication Mechanisms like - S3 v4 Authentication protocol.
- S3 Gateway supports Multipart upload.
- S3A file system is tested and supported.
- Support for Tracing and Profiling for all Ozone components.
- Audit Support - including Audit Parser tools.
- Apache Ranger Support in Ozone.
This is an alpha release and not production ready.
Image credit: Rapahanock, Badlands, CC-BY-SA-4.0
The haiku is inspired by the orignal work of Tachibana Hokushi.